Prior to treatment, you will meet with one of our doctors to discuss available treatment options, what to expect during treatment, and available supportive care resources. Our goal for every patient is recovery, so we take the time to ensure you are informed as you make decisions about your care. Knowing what to expect can be reassuring and will also prepare you for any lifestyle changes or adjustments while in treatment. Get started by downloading or printing our patient guidebook in English or Spanish.
Talk to Your Doctor About Treatment
- Find out what types of cancer treatment options are available for your disease.
- After you and your provider determines the best treatment, be sure to ask how it may affect you.
- Ask about clinical trials for your cancer type.
- Tell your provider if you don’t feel like yourself during treatment.
- Discuss supplementation such as exercise, diet, emotional and other recommendations for wellness.
Lean on Your Support Team
- Enlist your family and support network to assist you with managing your lifestyle needs during treatment.
- Attend one of our educational workshops or find an online community for added support.
- Find apps and resources to help you monitor your appointments, treatment, medications, and your overall care and well-being.