Cancer Treatment Built Around You
The Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center opened the doors to its new facility on Phoenix Biomedical Campus in 2015 and offers high-quality cancer care services that are collaborative, research-driven, interdisciplinary, translational, and patient-focused.
St. Joseph’s Foundation was founded in 1981 to continue the philanthropic legacy of the Sisters of Mercy, who established St. Joseph’s Hospital nearly 123 years ago. The foundation’s core purpose is to raise funds to support high-quality patient care, medical education and research at St. Joseph’s and affiliated facilities, such as the Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s, assuring that quality care is available to all patients when they need it, along with kindness, compassion and respect.
Above all else, we value:
Respecting the inherent value and worth of each person.
Working together with people who support common values and vision to achieve shared goals.
Advocating for social change and acting in ways that promote respect for all persons and demonstrate compassion for our sisters and brothers who are powerless.
Cultivating the resources entrusted to us to promote healing and wholeness.
Exceeding expectations through teamwork and innovation.
Healing Is Here
Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s
625 N. 6th St
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Mon: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Tue: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Wed: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Thu: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Fri: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Take an inside look at the Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s with our Facility Tour Video
We’re here to help heal you as a whole person, with additional services and support spaces designed to help you focus on what’s most important.
- Valet Parking: Complimentary valet and free parking is available for all of our patients. Visitors pay just $4 for up to 6 hours and $10 over 6 hours.
- Café: We are delighted to offer our guests light meals, sandwiches, hot and cold beverages, and snacks during operating hours in our onsite retail café.
- Healing Garden: Features meandering paths, desert plants, water features and art sculptures. It is a quiet sanctuary for patients, visitors, doctors and staff.
- Boutique: All visitors, patients, and staff are invited to browse a curated selection of books, cookbooks, apparel, hats, compression stockings, blankets, robes, and inspirational items. The boutique is primarily staffed by volunteers, and retail pharmacy staff are also available to assist patients with their selections.
- Outpatient Pharmacy: Our community pharmacy for cancer care is fully integrated into our
facility,so that we can offer specialty pharmacy medicine that most pharmacies don’t carry, and help you heal as a whole person.
- Meditation Room: Our meditation room is designed as a quiet space that allows you to reflect and
when you need some private time for yourself or with others. focus,
- Demonstration Kitchen: An educational area designed to educate patients, staff and the community about the importance of good nutrition, weight management and their role in cancer prevention.
- Social Work Physical Therapy and Rehab: We’re pleased to offer comprehensive array of therapeutic approaches designed to help you build strength and endurance, regain independence, reduce stress, and participate in daily activities that are important to you. From access to onsite social workers, speech and nutrition therapists to physical and rehabilitation therapists and beyond, our team is committed to your ongoing health and wellness.
- Private Infusion Rooms: Our Infusion Center is designed for patient and family comfort, including soft blankets, snacks and drinks, free wifi, and complimentary iPads to view educational topics or movies while with us. Free lunches are provided for appointments held during the lunch hour as well.
Marcia Gruber, RN, MSN
Accreditations and Awards
One of the Top Hospitals in the Nation
Our cancer institute is an extension of our Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s, Arizona’s highest nationally-ranked hospital in the specialties of neurology and neurosurgery and gynecology. U.S. News & World Report’s annual listing of top hospitals is the most respected of all national hospital rankings.
St. Joseph’s is ranked #15 in neurology and neurosurgery and #19 in gynecology, which includes gynecologic oncology.
The Joint Commsion Hospital Accreditation Program
Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s is accredited by The Joint Commission, an independent, not-for-profit national body that oversees the safety and quality of health care and other services provided in accredited organizations.
Lung Cancer Institute of Excellence
In early 2017, The Bonnie J. Addario Lung Cancer Foundation (ALCF) named Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s a Community Hospital Lung Cancer Institute of Excellence, recognizing the outstanding care provided through the joint efforts of Norton Thoracic Institute and Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s. For more information about ALCF, visit lungcancerfoundation.org.
Accredited by The Surgical Review Corporation for Robotic Surgery
Robotically-assisted surgery helps combine the skill of our surgeons and their team with the precision and visualization of robotic technology. Incorporating robotic technology into our treatment plans means that our patients experience less pain, smaller scars, and faster recovery.
Dignity Health – Cancer Institute at St. Joseph’s is proud to be an accredited SRC Center of Excellence – recognized for providing the highest level and quality of care in robotic surgery.